Price: Approximately £1000
Size: 13.3 inches
Weight: 1.36 kg
Battery Life: Up To 5 Hours
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Hard Drive: 80 GB
RAM: 2GB DDR2
Small Laptops Guide have carried out all the hard work for YOU in finding recommended, secure, online retailers at the best prices. We provide a variety of sellers so you can compare prices. Simply click on the product image below to buy now.
Apple take the design of their latest laptop into new frontiers with the launch of the new Apple Mac Airbook. The distinct design sets it apart from the rest of the small laptop market. Thinnest, lightest and yet the strongest is what describes the best of the new Mac Air Book. “Whether to or not to – take your laptop with you” – the usual dilemma is a thing of bygone days with the ultra slim Mac Air Book weighing just about 3.0-3.4 pounds and 0.76 inch thick. It comes along with an Aluminium chassis which is much more fingerprint resistant than the usual standard Macbooks. Apart from it the aluminium body lends the Air book a very sturdy and robust construction much in line with the kind of games Apple engineers likes to play with any of their products.
The 13.3 inch display, fitted with a built-in iSight camera, mic and an LED-backlit display has certainly taken the innovations in laptops to a new level. The LED-backlit display is controlled by the ambient light sensor which automatically adjusts the screen brightness in response to the light in the room. The apple trackpad has also got quite a facelifts.The new Air book’s trackpad measures 5 inches diagonally making it comparatively larger than any of the Mac book’s trackpads and has features that lets you use three fingers rather than the usual two fingers.
This multi-touch gestures enables the user to go forward and back within their Web browser history, and just like zoom-in and zoom-out features in the iPhone, one can do the same with Mac Air Book.
Not everything is a ‘wow’ with the new Mac Air Book. Shortcomings identified are WiFi with very limited connectivity much slower than other Macbooks; standard hard drive of 80GB with the base and additional option of 64GB SSD hard drive at very expensive price.
The single USB jack slot is yet another big limiting factor for people who frequently prefer to use more than one USB device simultaneously. The design of The Airbook is revolutionary, aesthetically appealing and targeted to only a segmented niche of laptop users willing to shell out extra bucks for something that’s scarce. But, certainly scoring low with people who wouldn’t like to pay for something that doesn’t deliver much beyond a pleasant experience just to the eyes.
- Product Description: Apple MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz – 13.3″ TFT
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 32.5 cm x 22.7 cm x 1.9 cm
- Weight: 1.36 kg
- Built-in Devices: Speaker, wireless LAN aerial, Bluetooth aerial
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz ( Dual-Core )
- Cache Memory: 4 MB – L2 Cache
- RAM: 2 GB (installed) / 2 GB (max) – DDR2 SDRAM – 667 MHz ( provided memory is soldered )
- Hard Drive: 80 GB – 4200 rpm
- Display: 13.3″ TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )
- Graphics Controller: Intel GMA X3100
- Audio Output: Sound card
- Networking: Network adapter – IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft), Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
- Notebook Camera: Integrated
- Input Device: Trackpad, backlit keyboard
- Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Battery: Lithium polymer
- Run Time (Up To): 5 hour(s)
- Operating System: Apple MacOS X 10.5
- Environmental Standards: EPA Energy Star , EPEAT Silver
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 4.1 Kg
Click on the names below to reach sellers of this small laptop. Please note to check specifications as different resellers often offer different spec machines: